Savor the Summer Season with Grilled Fruit and Fresh Agua Frescas!
When the sun is high and the temperature continues to climb, it’s time to cool off with these refreshingly easy Agua Frescas! Looking for something sweeter? Add a little bit of grilling flare to your classic summer desserts with our easy recipes:
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup water
- ½ medium lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Wholesome Pantry pure cane sugar
- 2 large mint leaves
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. Add more sweetener if desired. If too thick, add a little more water.
- Serve immediately, over ice.
- Cantaloupe: swap in 1 cup chopped cantaloupe
- Peach Ginger: omit mint and lime, swap in 1 cup chopped peaches 2 tsp fresh ginger and 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Strawberry Lemonade: omit mint and lime, swap in 1 cup chopped strawberries and 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Cherry Lime: swap in 1 cup chopped cherries
Grilled Fruit Salad
- 6 cups assorted grillable fruit, such as watermelon cubes, canteloupe cubes, mango chunks, chopped pineapple, strawberry halves etc
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 tbsp Wholesome Pantry honey
- 1 -2 tsp ShopRite vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Grill all fruit (except blueberries and blackberries in batches, approximately 1 minute per side or until char marks form.
- Let fruit cool slightly, then toss with remaining ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
Grilled Strawberry Shortcake Bites
- 1 store bought pound cake, sliced into 1 inch square cubes
- 1 pint strawberries, stems removed and sliced in half longwise
- fresh whipped cream, for serving
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Brush pound cake and strawberries with a little olive oil and grill about 2 minutes per side, or until char marks form. **If using an outdoor grill, skewer pound cake and strawberries onto metal skewers for easy grilling. If grilling inside on a grill pan, you can just put them directly in the pan.
- Remove from heat and serve either on skewers or with toothpicks for guests to create individual shortcake “bites”. Don’t forget the whipped cream!
Grilled Peach and Nectarines
- 3-4 peaches or nectarines, halved and pits removed
- ShopRite whipped cream
- 3-4 tbsp Wholesome Pantry Almond Granola
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat. Brush flesh of peaches and nectarines with a little olive oil, then place flesh side down on grill and grill 1-2 minutes per side or until fruit has softened and charred in a few places.
- Remove from heat; fill centers with whipped cream and top with almond granola.